Last Updated June 18, 2017.
Whenever I refer to “I,” “me,” “Dina Cataldo” or “Sicilian Tea Company,” I am referring to Dina Cataldo and Dina Cataldo dba Sicilian Tea Company.
Acceptance of Terms
The Information I Collect
In the course of operating this website and/or interacting with you, I will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION.
When you sign up to receive newsletters, respond to a survey, register for a class, or purchase any product or service, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number. I do not collect any personal information from Visitors when they use the website unless they provide such information voluntarily, such as by registering or sending me an email or signing up for a newsletter. All information I collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.”
2. ORDER INFORMATION.
When you place an Order, you must provide me with certain information about the products and services you are seeking to purchase. Such information is collectively called the “Order Information.”
3. BILLING INFORMATION.
4. OTHER INFORMATION
In addition to the information noted above, I may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey), such as household income range, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
b. From Your Activity. Information that I automatically collect when you use the websites, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Websites you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
c. From Cookies Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Websites may not function properly.
e. From Other Sources. I also may collect or receive information from third parties, such as Facebook and/or other third-party social media sites.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the website, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information by following the instructions found on the websites. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Sicilian Tea Company email newsletter. Customers can’t opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account or their Orders. I will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in my subscription databases.
How I Use and Share Information
I use Personal Information, Order Information, Billing Information, and Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide services; to process Orders; to administer rewards and promotional programs; to maintain and improve this website and services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners.
I may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- Sicilian Tea Company will access, use, and share the Information as required to process your Orders and provide support to you.
- In order to provide services and administer rewards and promotional programs, I may share the Information (excluding the Billing Information) with third-party promotional and marketing partners.
- In the future, I may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on my behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, Order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand Visitors, customers, and my products and services, I may analyze the Order Information and Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Websites and/or my products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. I may share this aggregate data with my affiliates, agents, and business partners. I may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe my products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- To the extent permitted by law, I may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever I believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sicilian Tea Company or others.
Information You Share
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Information available to third parties — for example on message boards or web logs; through email; or in comment or chat areas — that information can be seen, collected, heard, and/or used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
How I Protect your Information
I take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. I cannot guarantee the security of my databases, nor can I guarantee that the Information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
How to Contact Me