The Every Day Happy List
There’s a difference between the things we do to make ourselves happy long term and the things we do every day to make us happy in the moment – y’know, every day happy.
A little while ago, I asked my friends what made them happy every day. I got some very cool answers, and I’m sharing them below.
Maybe you’ll see yours here, or maybe you’ll pick up a new every day happy habit to make your life even happier. Enjoy!
30 Little Things That Make Life Awesome
1. “I stopped reading fashion magazines, and I noticed I started feeling more confident about my appearance.”
2. “I took news out of my FB newsfeed and don’t visit news sites so often. Now I feel more hopeful.”
3. “Remember to breath.”
4. “Remembering to look at trees and listen to birds. And looking for the moon out in the morning sky.”
5. “I stopped reading gossip magazines; I’m happier not knowing or caring about those things.”
6. “I make a special effort to care for myself because I spend a lot of time caring for others (dad, children, dog).”
7. “Morning shower.”
8. “I remember not to believe my thoughts (except for the practical ones).”
9. “Shower – beer”: taking a shower with a beer after a really long run.
10. A gratitude practice. “Being thankful for what I have because it means I am so rich; the sound of a child’s laughter because it means I can hear; the smell of rain because my nose works; the feel of sliding in a bed with clean crisp sheets, and the feeling when I take my bra off and let the Girls loose!”
12. “Watching a hummingbird stop by my flowers.”
13. “Riding my bike to work. I love having those few moments to just be and enjoy the ride, feel the breeze and seeing what’s going on around me, hearing all the different sounds and all the smells, sometimes not so much the smells, but you get the idea.”
14. “Buying coffee in the morning, so I don’t have to make it for myself.”
15. “Having few mirrors at home.”
16. “Stopped watching commercials on TV.”
17. “Spending on creature comforts like a great bed with great sheets.”
18. “Stopped trying to do everything.” “Listing all the things I’m angry about or care about in the world and choose the handful that are really from my gut, then remembering to take it day by day. [I’m] finding it easier to pick my battles.”
19. “Getting enough sleep.”
20. “Nourishing my body with good food and yoga, and no alcohol.”
21. “Making time to write and read.”
22. “I stop myself when I find myself craving people’s approval or appreciation.”
23. “A decluttered house and closet.”
24. “Drinking my tea while doing nothing else but looking out the window or sitting outside.”
25. “Watching the sun rise. Standing outside for 15-20 minutes every morning.”
26. “Laying in my hammock reading the paper.”
27. “Choosing something simple you love and making a commitment to do that one thing every single day.” – In her case, handstands.
28. “Driving home from work in the early hours of the morning and appreciating the particularly sweet scent just before the dew falls – and the quiet of the world at that time of day.”
29. “The smile on my grandma’s face when she sees me, and I know she still remembers who I am.”
30. “Falling asleep to the sound of my cat Pippa snoring under the bed.”
I’d like to know what you do every day that keeps you happy. Leave a comment below. 🙂
Founder & Happiness Seeker
Sicilian Tea Company
P.S. Want 10 more ways to happify your life? Click here to get 10 Quick Mental Tricks to Reduce Stress Instantly! No long meditations – just mental strategies to go from tense to chill in no time.